there’s good shit in the world, people.
the cat and the dog though
Happy women’s day, yo
What’s misandry, again?
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income, and own only 1% of the world’s land.
- Women make up 66% of the world’s illiterate adults.
- Women head 83% of single-parent families. The number of families nurtured by women alone doubled from 1970 to 1995 (from 5.6 million to 12.2 million).
- Women account for 55% of all college students, but even when women have equal years of education it does not translate into economic opportunities or political power.
- There are six million more women than men in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s children who receive less than four years of education are girls. Girls represent nearly 60% of the children not in school.
- Parents in countries such as China and India sometimes use sex determination tests to find out if their fetus is a girl. Of 8,000 fetuses aborted at a Bombay clinic, 7,999 were female.
- Wars today affect civilians most, since they are civil wars, guerrilla actions and ethnic disputes over territory or government. 3 out of 4 fatalities of war are women and children.
- Rape is consciously used as a tool of genocide and weapon of war. Tens of thousands of women and girls have been subjected to rape and other sexual violence since the crisis erupted in Darfur in 2003. There is no evidence of anyone being convicted in Darfur for these atrocities.
- About 75% of the refugees and internally displaced in the world are women who have lost their families and their homes.
- Gender-based violence kills one in three women across the world and is the biggest cause of injury and death to women worldwide, causing more deaths and disability among women aged 15 to 44 than cancer, malaria, traffic accident, and war.
These facts sound crazy, but they’re actually true.
Ok but lobsters are immortal?
Functionally immortal, But as with everything inherent in the universe far from invulnerable. A rather cruel trade off
You’re functionally immortal but trade off is your flesh is delicious.
Hello Kitty and Rilakkuma infographics done for Japan Lover Me's Kawaii month last September! :3
Staff at the Sunshine Serpents conservation and enducation center in Lakeland, Florida recently received two incredible two. After incubating seven Honduran milk snake eggs, they were stunned when nine baby snake heads emerged on hatching day. One of the eggs contained twins and another contained an awesomely rare two-headed snake that’s also an albino.
Owner Daniel Parker, a University of Central Florida biologist, said: ‘I did a double take. I couldn’t believe what I was looking at.’
Biologist Parker says two-headed snakes have been documented to live as long as 20 years in captivity. With two brains giving commands to a single body, he says the snake, which isn’t venomous, would have a difficult time surviving in the wild.
The odds of a two-headed snake being born are 10,000 to one. We hope that both heads on this bicephalic beauty get along well. At least they’ll never be lonely.
Photos by Daniel Parker.